In 1863, Fr. Wibaux built the Seminary of Saigon.
After the event of 30-4-1975, the Ministry of Finance borrowed and used the minor seminary as Finance and Accounting High School IV.
On 20-9-2004, the minor seminary was returned from the Ministry of Finance to the Archdiocese to become the Archdiocesan Catholic Cultural Center. Its Rector was Fr. Peter Nguyễn Văn Hiền. Later, its name was changed to be the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center.
VISION & OBJECTIVES
The Archdiocesan Pastoral Center of Hochiminh City focuses on two main objectives: offering formation for archdiocesan members and organizing activities of the archdiocese.
1. The first objective: offering formation for archdiocesan members
a. For the laity
- Classes of bible, theology, philosophy, liturgy, spirituality, parish administration, and pastoral care in many fields opened for the laity in the evening of week-days.
- Training courses for related members such as youth, catechists, members of parish councils… opened on weekends.
b. For religious women
- Classes of bible, theology, philosophy, liturgy, spirituality… opened by religious congregrations for nuns in week-day mornings.
- Specially, theology classes opened in summers for religious women.
c. For seminarians of pre-seminary: they stay in the Pastoral Center and are formed in one year before entering the seminary.
2. The second objective: organizing important activities and big meetings of the archdiocese.
THE BISHOP & PRIESTS WORKING AND STAYING IN THE ARCHDIOSESAN PASTORAL CENTER
Rector (from 2012)
Fr.Jos. Hoàng Ngọc Dũng
Ordained Priest: 1999